Readers, get in touch with me!

I'm really interested on your feedback. Maybe you have some wishes about special topics around swimming or the Allianz Sports you want to know and I can tell you.

So, Reader, indicate yourself! Use the comment function under any post or send me an email under BorisHendrik-at-americaonline-dot-com (You have to use the abbreviation for america online). I'm looking forward to your feed-back!

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Watching Sport

After a late breakfast I toke the bus over to Alfred Hajos Swim Stadium and watched the finals. The level is really high. I will search for the results of the last masters world championships and I think the results here are not much worse. I'll tell you.

After the last relay I jumped in the pool and made a few lanes, but it was not the refreshment I expected, even the water is to warm, if you go out of the water, five minutes later you are again total sweaty.

Then I watched the final of the soccer tournament, Swiss against Croatia. After the first half the swiss was in front with 2:0, but at the end Croatia won.

The last competition was then the mixed swedish relay. That's 1000, 800, 600, 400, 200m and at least two women. It was very impressive to see the french woman who ran the 200m. She is a former professional sprinter and she ran like a motobike. Unbelievable.

Tonight is the closing ceremony. The shuttle busses will start at 5:00 at the hotels and the end of the journey is still a surprise. But we expect a great show and a fantastic party afterwards. Three cities / countries are traded actually as the next hosting cities for the Allianz Sports 2014, but pssst, it's still a secret: Vienna, Madrid or somewhere in the Suisse. Or, but that's more a wish than a real possibility: the USA 2015. 2015 are a few jubilees for Allianz, also in the US. So it could happen, that the next games are 2015, one year later then usual but then in the US.

Here a few impressions from today, more in the slide show:









No comments:

Post a Comment