Readers, get in touch with me!

I'm really interested on your feedback. Maybe you have some wishes about special topics around swimming or the Allianz Sports you want to know and I can tell you.

So, Reader, indicate yourself! Use the comment function under any post or send me an email under BorisHendrik-at-americaonline-dot-com (You have to use the abbreviation for america online). I'm looking forward to your feed-back!

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Opening Ceremony

This evening was the opening ceremony with the presentation of all countries at a amphitheater. All countries were called in a shuffled order, stood up and swung the flag. After the presentation the half marathon started in the track and field stadium and it was transmitted on the big screen in the amphitheater. Then a show program with different artists was shown. I left the show before the end to support Vanessa and the other belgian team members. It was so hot! The target of the favorite, a guy from Malaysia, was to rum under 1:10 and he started very fast, but at the end he finished with 1:24 I think, but I'm not sure. Vanessa finished despite a weak phase on the first kilometers with very good 1:50. Thats really good+ It was her first half marathon race. Congratulation, Vanessa!!!

After the opening it was party time, with very good food and the usual party music.





The start of the half-marathon:

No comments:

Post a Comment