Readers, get in touch with me!

I'm really interested on your feedback. Maybe you have some wishes about special topics around swimming or the Allianz Sports you want to know and I can tell you.

So, Reader, indicate yourself! Use the comment function under any post or send me an email under BorisHendrik-at-americaonline-dot-com (You have to use the abbreviation for america online). I'm looking forward to your feed-back!

Friday, July 9, 2010

Luxembourg



Hey, I will start for Luxembourg and I have to say: I'm really proud to represent this small country from the heart of Europe in Budapest. Claude was so friendly and borrowed me the "Roude Léiw" (the red lion), the coat of arms of Luxembourg. Merci vielemols, Claude, das is immens flott! Of course I will take the official flag too.



I'm German, I live in Germany, so why do I say, that I'm proud to start for Luxembourg? Mainly two reasons.

First: I have a long relation to Luxembourg. In my younger days I was engaged in cycling and I took the sport very seriously. Cycling is in Luxembourg very popular, they have great cyclists and a great and famous history of cycling. In Luxembourg you can start nearly every week-end on a cycling race. Mostly real races on long interurben courses. Real road cycling. Much better as in the region of Germany I live. Later I was licenced for a luxembourg club. I expierenced friendship and sportsmanship. Without Luxembourg, I would never have done cycling so long and so succesful. It was a fantastic time.

Second: I work now since many years in Luxembourg. I commute every day between Luxembourg and Germany. Luxembourg made with a fore sight politic the country to the leading mutual fund and private banking location in Europe. This gives me and my wife work and prosperity. We are fortunate to live in suche a lovely and peaceful region.

The Luxembourg Motto:
"Mir wëlle bleiwe wat mir sinn" (We want to remain what we are) Yes, I hope so!
Luxembourg
Anthem text
Anthem


Of course I'm also proud of my German origin, no question!

No comments:

Post a Comment